Green Beans Curry
Lalitha's Green Bean's Curry
- Cooking Pot
- 2 cups Green Beans Traditional: Fresh green beans hand cut/finely chopped
- 1 pinch Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Salt To taste
- Grated Coconut Optional – See Steps
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seed
- 2 tsp Urad Daal
- Oil Vegetables Oil
- Wash Beans and cut edges. Then finely chop into even pieces.
- Rinse beans a second time.
- Place beans in a bowl and add a pinch of turmeric.
- Add a quarter cup of water and half a tsp of salt. Mix ingredients as well.
- Cover and place into microwave. Heat for 12 mins. An optional is to place into a pot on stove and heat until beans are brought to a boil.
- Place a cooking pot on stove on medium heat.
- Add one spoon of oil. Add mustard seeds. Add urad daal. Cook till seeds are pinkish in color
- Add Hing and half a spoon of red crushed pepper.
- Then it mixes well want add chopped beans from microwave and place into pan.
- Take the grated coconut and cook. Grated Coconut is optional.
- Mix it well until it coconut dries up
- Serve warm with rice. This can be paired with rasam as well.
Lallu’s green beans curry is a personal favorite of Junie. Initially softened to both reduce water while making the green beans extra chewy, then cooked to perfection with turmeric, mustard seeds, and urad daal. When Lallu taught this to Junie it became an all time favorite of his. This is a great simple yet traditional side dish. Pair with rice and rasam. See tomato rasam recipe.