Turmeric Ginger & Lime Infusion Tea
This healthy tea makes it a cozy anti-inflammatory home remedy for everyone
- Tea Kettle
- Hot Water Use Tea Kettle
- Turmeric Powder Pinch
- Grated Ginger
- Lime Fresh Lime
- Salt Pinch (Your Choice)
- Pepper Pinch (Your Choice)
- Lemon Grass This is an optional ingredient
- Star Anise This is an optional ingredient
- Cloves This is an optional ingredient
- Cinnamon This is an optional ingredient
- Boil hot water in a kettle.
- Place a small strainer over the top of a mug and place grated ginger into it.
- Pour hot water over the strainer.
- Squeeze lime juice over the strainer into the mug.
- Remove strainer and add in a pinch of turmeric.
- Variation: You can boil the optional ingredients separately and add.
- If you prefer your drink sweet, add honey. If you prefer it salty, add salt.
Sarayu learned a lot from closely following her mom’s fellowship studies in integrative medicine, which included a unit on ayurvedic nutrition practices. This drink is a common one in the Adeni household, and the combination of ingredients makes it a cozy anti-inflammatory home remedy.